This tag can speed up most ColdFusion pages by a factor of 10 to 100 times! It's most effective if you're doing a lot of CF processing or have a slow database query. Basically, the worst your situation the better you'll come out of it! Here are some other reasons to use CF_TurboCache:
- Some pages take too long to process and you want to knock it down to just
10ms or less. A decent server can take a 600ms page down to just 6ms.
- You are using an Access database & are worried about stressing it too much - Access is not recommended for production databases, but you can get away with it in many cases if you cache properly!
- You are using a lot of slow database queries (even Oracle can slow down)
- Your website is reaching capacity or is too slow and you want to make
it faster and increase capacity.
- You have some CPU intensive database or ColdFusion code that's being
executed everytime someone hits the page. If your code isn't generating
absolutely unique results then this is a pointless waste of resource.
- You're worried your server may not cope with the usage it's going to get
and you need to take precautions to maximise its capacity.
Your hosting company has disabled the CFFILE and CFDIRECTORY tags which
means you can't use Allaire's CFCACHE tag.
- Caching to disk is too slow for your needs.
- You want to cache the content of a CFINCLUDE and some other caching custom tags you've tried won't let you do that.
To download the CF_TurboCache
tag for Coldfusion 4.5 (also works with CF5 and should work with
here to receive a zip file. Be sure to read the docs first which are
included in the zip file together with an example.